Barry S. Seidel
Barry S. Seidel
New York City Attorney Barry Seidel
I opened my own law practice right out of law school in 1982. I have been in my own practice for the past 25 years. My first law office was in Manhattan. I practiced there for two years before moving to Forest Hills, where I grew up.
I have a very qualified and competent office staff, an excellent secretary, and terrific associate attorneys who have been with me for a long time. My fees are very reasonable.
My office is at the corner of Metropolitan Avenue in Forest Hills, easily accessible by car, bus or subway. There is ample street parking.
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY: May 1982 - present. Opened solo law practice directly out of law school. General practitioner, with experience in real estate, personal injury, litigation, trials, wills and estates. Practice now concentrated in estate administration and probate.
EDUCATION: University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas, J.D. 1981. SUNY @ Stony Brook, B.A. Political Science, 1978, Phi Beta Kappa. Forest Hills High School 1974
ACTIVITIES: Queens County Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, Founder of New York Lawyers Network, Board Member Solomon Schechter School of Queens, owner of a per diem court coverage service.
Areas of Practice
- Business & Commercial Law
- Probate & Estate Administration
- 75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New York, 1981
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D. - 1981
- State University of New York, Stony Brook, New York
- B.A. - 1978
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Honors: Regents Scholarship Winner
- Major: Political Science
- Speaker, "How to Set Up a Law Office", New York County Lawyers
- Speaker, "Legal Issues Concerning the Elderly", Austin Street Senior Center
- Speaker, "Effective Marketing Techniques", New York Lawyers Network
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York Lawyers Network, Co-Founder/President
- Stony Brook Alumni Association, Member, Board of Directors, 1988 - 1995
- American Bar Association, Member
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Queens County Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association
- Solomon Schechter School of Queens, Board Member